Who We are
Therapy Stars Foundation (We/Us/Our) is a charity that helps children and their families from Shropshire, Cheshire or North Wales, with a disability or illness. We do this by awarding grants towards recognised therapies for the children and their families to then access these therapies.
The charity is registered in England and Wales (1196925).
Our Head Office and company registered address is Unit 36, Penley Industrial Estate, Penley, Wrexham, LL13 0LQ.
Please read this policy carefully so you can understand: –
- Our legal reason for processing data
- How We collect your personal information
- What information We collect
- How We use your information
- Direct Marketing
- Use of Photos
- How We protect your information
- Who We share your information with
- How long We keep your information
- Updating your details
- Your rights regarding the information We hold
- Cookies and Website Links
Our legal reason for processing data
The legal reason We rely on for processing your data will depend upon the circumstances in which it is being collected and used, but will in most cases fall into one of the following categories:
- where you have provided your consent to allow Us to use your data in a certain way
- where the processing is necessary to carry out a contractual relationship.
- where it is in our Legitimate Interest in order to deliver our charitable aims and objectives, generate income and for administrative, financial and regulatory compliance purposes
- where the processing is necessary in order for Us to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where the processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person.
How We collect your personal information
We collect personal information in the following ways:
- When you give it to Us directly
We collect and keep information about you whenever you engage with Us. For example, when you chose to register for Our services, make a donation to Therapy Stars Foundation, fundraise on Our behalf, register for an event or submit an enquiry, apply for a job or volunteering opportunity, or otherwise give Us any other personal information.
- When you give permission to other parties to share it with Us
We may also collect information about you from a family member or legal guardian who contacts Us on your behalf or passes on your details to Us.
If you are applying to work for Us, We may receive your information from an employment agency and We may collect information from former employers, companies or Individuals for reference purposes.
What information We collect
Your personal details will only be used in a way you would reasonably expect or have agreed to. The type and quantity of information We collect and how We use it depends on why you are providing it. If you make a donation, purchase goods, register to fundraise, support or participate in a fundraising event We will usually collect some, or all, of the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact details (address, email address, phone number)
- Your bank or credit card details
- Age/Date of Birth (only when appropriate, such as participation in a fundraising event where age restrictions may apply).
If you choose to apply for a grant with Us, We will also require:
- Child’s name
- Child’s date of birth
- Details of child’s disability or illness and proposed treatment and/or therapy plan.
Data protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive. These are known as ‘special category data’ and include information relating to health. Before collecting any special category data, we will make it clear to you what information we are collecting and the purposes for collecting such information.
If you choose to register as a Supplier with Therapy Stars Foundation, We will require some, or all of the following information:
- Your name/organisational name
- Your contact details (address, email address, phone number)
- Your bank details
- Public Liability Insurance
- Evidence of a current, enhanced DBS certificate
- HCPC (Health Care Professionals Council) registration, practicing Certificate/qualification, or relevant professional body membership details
- Safeguarding Policy
If you apply for a salaried position, trustee, patron, ambassador or volunteer role, We will usually collect some, or all, of the following information: –
- Your name
- Your contact details (address, email address, phone number)
- Proof of Eligibility to work in the UK
- Information included on your CV: details of your education, qualifications, skills, experience and employment history.
- Referees/References (only once an offer of employment or volunteer position has been made available to you).
- Emergency contact details.
If you are an employee, We will also require the following information: –
- Date of Birth
- National Insurance Number
- Your bank details
- Emergency contact details
If you give Us information about another person, you confirm the other person has agreed that you:
- Consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data
- Will receive any data protection notices on their behalf
How We use your information
How We use the information will largely depend on your relationship with Us and why you are providing it. We may use the information you provide to:
- Fulfil your requests and to give you the information, support, services, or products you ask for.
- Keep a record of your relationship to Us, details of any contact or communication which We have with you and to comply with our administrative duties and financial regulations.
- Process donations/sponsorship, invoices and other financial payments, including sending thank you letters, receipts and remittance advices.
- Make claims for Gift Aid on your donations with HM Revenue and Customs (if your consent has been provided).
- Manage our fundraising events
- Comply with charity law and legal obligations
- Carry out statistical analysis in order to develop organisational strategy and help Us to understand how We can improve our services and meet the needs of people that require Our help.
- Investigate and respond to, complaints, legal claims and disputes or other issues. At times, we may need to use your personal information to prevent fraud or to identify misuse of Our services.
- Process your application for a salaried position, trustee, volunteer, ambassador or patron role.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes which we specifically notify you about and, where appropriate, obtain your consent.
Where We use your personal information to pursue the legitimate interests of the charity, We will only do so provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify Our use of your personal information.
If you choose to apply for a grant from Us, We may also use the information you provide to:-
- Gain an understanding of your situation so We can offer you the best possible support, advice and service.
- Ensure fundraising campaigns meet Our charitable aims and objectives.
- Help raise the profile and awareness of your fundraising campaign(s).
- Feature your fundraising campaign(s) on our website and other marketing materials. In both instances we will always obtain your prior consent before using your data in these ways.
We understand many donors like to make donations anonymously, so we will not release their names unless we have the donor’s permission to do so.
If you choose to register as a Supplier with Us, We may also use the information you provide to:
- Make payment for goods and services which you have provided to children who have been awarded a grant from Us
- Fulfil the aims and objectives of Our Safeguarding policy; ensuring suppliers are qualified, safe, legal; and compliant with tax requirements and law in the UK and Ireland.
- Ensure adequate insurance is in place which will cover the cost of legal action and compensation claims if a child is injured, or their property suffers damage, whilst at the Suppliers business premises or when they are working at the child’s home.
- Verify Medical/Clinical Practitioners hold appropriate qualifications for the service(s) they provide to children through Therapy Stars Foundation.
If you work with us we may use the information you provide to: –
- Check you are legally entitled to work in the UK
- Comply and administer the terms of your contract of employment, or agreement you have with Us
- Monitor and record information for the purpose of, remuneration paying tax, and national insurance, pensions, health and safety and performance management
- Keep a record of holiday/sickness absence.
- Keep a record of disciplinary and grievance records.
We may process special categories of personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where We need to carry out our legal obligations or exercise rights in connection with employment. For example, We will use information about your physical or mental health, or disability status, to ensure your health and safety in the workplace and to assess your fitness to work, to provide appropriate workplace adjustments, to monitor and manage sickness absence and to administer benefits.
- Where it is needed to protect your interests (or somebody else’s interest) and you are not capable of giving your consent, or where you have already made the information public.
Continued support to Therapy Stars Foundation helps many children, and their families access the therapies that they need. With your consent, We would like to keep you informed of Our news, information, fundraising events and campaigns so We can continue to raise income and awareness of the charity.
We offer you the option to tell us, what type of information you would like to receive and how you prefer to hear from us; by post, email, phone or SMS. If you choose for us to contact you by email, every message we send will include a link to enable you to change your preferences or to opt out of receiving future marketing messages.
You can also change your preferences or opt out of marketing communications by contacting us by email to email@example.com or writing to us at our registered address above.
Use of photos
If you apply and then receive a grant from Therapy Stars Foundation, We will encourage you to share a photo of your child along with your story on Our website.
We may also like to include a photo of your child (with or without your child’s first name) in Our printed publications, press releases and on Social Media sites (Instagram, Facebook etc). We will only include photos with your consent. It will not affect your support from Therapy Stars Foundation if you choose not to.
We sometimes take photographs of employees, trustees, volunteers, ambassadors and patrons for publicity purposes. These images may appear in Our printed publications, on Our website, press releases and on Social Media sites (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc). If you work for Us We will only include your photo with your consent.
Who We share your information with
We never sell any of your personal information to any organisation for any reason.
Who We may share your information with largely depend on your relationship with Us and why you are providing it. We may share your information with: –
- HM Revenue and Customs, to enable Us to make Gift Aid claims on donations (if your consent has been provided).
- Banks and payment providers – to authorise and complete payment transactions.
- Carefully selected partners who provide specialist services We request.
- Providers of file hosting services/cloud storage which we may use for the purposes of sharing data with Our Trustees who have a legal responsibility to the organisation and ambassadors/volunteers who provide administrative support to Us and who have all agreed to abide by our confidentiality policies.
- Event and Ticketing Organisations who operate events and activities, or provide online ticketing services which We have elected to join and which you have chosen to participate in.
- Trading companies who operate a lottery which We have elected to join and which you have chosen to participate in.
- Our financial and legal advisers in the event we need to obtain advice and protect or defend Our legal rights.
- Law enforcement bodies in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order, or which We reasonably believe that We need to disclose your information for such purposes.
- Other organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention, misuse of Our services, money laundering or safeguarding.
- We will only ever share your data in other circumstances if We have your explicit and informed consent.
If you apply and/or receive a grant from Us, We may also share the information you provide Us with to:
- Trusts and Foundation for the purposes of grant applications.
- Contractors, Providers and Suppliers of therapies which you have appointed.
If you work for Us We may also share the information you provide Us with to:-
- Former employers or companies/individuals you have worked for, for the purpose of obtaining a reference (only once an offer of employment or volunteer position has been made available to you).
- Banks and payment providers – to enable payment of salary, National Insurance, Tax, pension contributions and expenses.
- Our appointed Employment Law and Health and Safety Specialists, Pension Provider, Financial Accountants and HM Revenue & Customs for the purposes of staff administration and to comply with contractual obligations.
- Medical professionals and emergency services (ambulance, police etc) where it is necessary to protect your interests, or the interests of another person and you are not capable of giving your consent, or where you have already made the information public.
How long We keep your personal information
We keep records for as long as required to provide you with the services you ask for, to administer your relationship with us and to operate Our services in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements. Where your information is no longer required, We will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
- Families and Supporters:
If you apply for a grant, or support us financially (via donations or fundraising) We will hold your data for up to 6 years after your last transaction or donation to comply with Our statutory obligations, unless there is evidence that you continue to actively engage with Us in which case We will continue to hold your data as long as We have your consent.
If you support Us via non-financial means We will continue to hold your data, so that We can communicate with you as long there is evidence that you are continuing to have active engagement with us and we have your consent.
If you notify Us that you are intending to leave a gift in your will We will retain your data to ensure We can acknowledge your generosity at the appropriate time in the future. This may be more than 6 years after your last active engagement with us.
- Recruitment and Volunteering:
If you apply for an employed or voluntary role and are not successful, We will retain the personal data you provide as part of the application process, along with the CV and supporting documents you submit, for a period of 6 months.
If you are an employee, Trustee or Volunteer we will hold your data, along with your CV and any documents you provide as part of the application process for up to 6 years after your employment, or role ceases.
Employees bank details and emergency contact details will only be retained for the duration of the time you work with Us.
If you choose to be considered as a Supplier with Us We will hold your data for up to 6 years after your last transaction to comply with Our statutory obligations.
For Medical/Clinical Practitioners, DBS certificate(s) and/or evidence of Qualifications and will be confidentially shredded immediately once verified.
We will not keep a photocopy or any copy or representation of the contents of the certificate(s). However, notwithstanding the above, we may keep a record of the name of the subject, the type of certificate requested and the unique reference number of the certificate.
How We protect your information
We place great importance on keeping your information secure, accurate and up to date.
We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under Our control. Whilst We cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur while it is under Our control, We use Our best efforts to try to prevent this.
Unfortunately, transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. Whilst We do our best to protect the security of your information We cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alternation of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred, so any transmission is at the user’s own risk.
Any credit or debit card details provided via online remain with Our payment partner(s) and do not reach us.
Some service providers may be based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) however, We will endeavour to ensure that any data transfers outside of the EEA are carried out in compliance with relevant data protection legislation and that the processing of your data is subject to appropriate security measures.
Your rights regarding the information We hold
The law requires that the processing of any personal information is always carried out in a fair and balanced way that does not overly impact the rights of the person concerned.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information We hold about you and details of how We use that information (called a Subject Access Request). If you think any of the personal information We hold about you is inaccurate, you may also request it is corrected. You also have a right, in certain circumstances, to require Us to stop processing your personal information.
For more information about your rights please go to the Information Commissioner’s Office website at ico.org.uk.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the contact address shown below.
Updating your details
If you want to update any of the information We hold for you, or you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email email@example.com or write to us at the contact address above.
Cookies and Links
If you have any questions about this Policy, need to update your details, or would like to exercise your rights with respect to your personal information, please contact us at:
Therapy Stars Foundation, Unit 36, Penley Industrial Estate, Penley, Wrexham, LL13 0LQ
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you have any concerns about Data Protection.